Single Sign On
i need some information about Single Sign On in terms how to build up a portal like enviornment without using the SAP EP. I mean we have got something in place which is doing the authentication and furthermore we have got a webserver which could provide the navigation and static content and we have got a WebAS in place where our Onlineshop should be running on.
The basic questtion is does the WebAS issue a logon ticket which can be evaluate by the webserver ?
In Order to have a session like this:
1. User will be authenticated
2. The request will be delegated to the WAS
3. WAS will issue the Logon ticket
4. WAS is redirecting the request to the Webserver (the request will contain the logon ticket)
5. The Webserver will evaluate the logon ticket
6. The Webserver will response with the Navigation and the logon ticket.
Where do i find some good information about the logon ticket and its use in the internet.
i hope my questions a clear if not please let me know