RE: Zero values – Stock Type
Dear SAP Experts,
We have an requirement to maintain Zero value stock type in SAP Business ByDesign.
I mean the stock type which only shows quantities but with zero value.
Can you please let me know if we can able to maintain such stock type.
Your response on this highly appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
you have to do the following:
1. Set the ‘Identified stock type of the product to ‘Optional specified iStock’
2. Set the valuation level type of the product to ‘Product Specification’
3. Maintain the standard inventory costs for the product.
4. Create the product specification master data in the product development work center to reflect the ‘zero value’ type of the product. You do not need to assign this product specification to a product. By this you can reuse the product specification for multiple products
In the valuation tab of the product master there is a button called ‘Maintain Product Specification Valuation’. Press the button and add a line with zero value for the corresponding product specification.
5. Create an iStock master record for the product referencing to the product specification . I recommend to name the iStock the same as the product specification.
6. To try it out do some inventory postings with and without reference to the iStock. As a result in the valuated stock overview (Physical Inventory work center= you see two lines for the product, one with a value and one without a value.
Hope this helps.