RE: Upgrade from SAP R/3 4.7 110 to ERP 6.0 EHP6
Can anyone give me some idea on this upgrade:
Details of Current Servers are:
OS:- Windows Server 2003 (32 Bit)
Database Version:- Oracle 18.104.22.168
SAP: SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X110 (Non-Unicode)
Details of New Servers:
OS:- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 Bit)
Database Version:- Oracle 11.2
SAP: SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6
Can anyone share best approach to complete this upgrade with optimized downtime.
If we want to install same current version of SAP in Windows 2008 64-bit, we do not have DVD available for 4.7. PAM also says not supported.
Please suggest Best approach.
My upgrade is successfully completed.
I have followed below steps:
1. Upgrade Oracle to 22.214.171.124 on 4.7 32 bit server (Windows 2003)
2. Take export through SAPInst
3. Install SAP R/3 4.7 with Oracle 11.2 on 64-bit Server (Windows 2008 R2). Follow SAP Note 1478059 to install this server.
4. Import data which was taken from 32-bit server to this 64-bit server.
5. Run SUM to upgrade it to EHP6.
It is up to you whether you want to perform Combined Upgrade and Unicode conversion or first upgrade and then do Unicode conversion later.