RE: Crystal Report – Publishing & Transport across landscape
I have setup publishing of a crystal report from SAP BW to BI 4.0.
The question I have is how do we migrate this report to production. The process i am thinking of using is:
1. A report is developed in Cystal and saved in SAP BW DEV it is published to BI 4.0 DEV
2. The crystal report is then migrated within BI 4 using LCM to UAT and production. The report is not transported in SAP BW as no user needs access to it in SAP BW Production – all access is via BI 4.0.
Let me know your views
correct – for Crystal Reports 2011 and the dynamic prompts you would have to publish the report.
with Crystal Reports f Enterprise you could skip that step.
In your suggestion you would
– create the report in the Development System (SAP_DEV)
– Publish the report (SBOP_DEV)
– move the report using SBOP LCM to from SBOP_DEV to SBOP_QA and SBOP_PROD
so what are the issues:
– you would not have a report as actual file in SAP_QA or SAP_PROD.
technically that for sure is possible but you the only have in the SAP_DEV system your original report and your “correct” version.
lets say you have a person opening the report in SBOP_QA with the CR Designer and save’s it to the SBOP_QA system. Now the version gets increase in SBOP_QA and might not match anymore the SBOP_DEV.
Not saying it is not possible to do, but you then would need to be more strict on the reports in QA and PROD because you only have the original in the DEV system.